Contents of No. 31
Read it each week in FREEDOM
OUT OF THIS WORLD
FREEDOM PRESS PUBLICATIONS
SELECTIONS FROM ‘FREEDOM’
Vol 3 1953: Colonialism on Trial
Vol 4 1954: Living on a Volcano
Vol 5 1955: The Immoral Moralists
Vol 6 1956: Oil and Troubled Waters
Vol 7 1957: Year One—Sputnik Era
Vol 8 1958: Socialism in a Wheelchair
Vol 9 1959: Print, Press & Public
Vol 10 1960: The Tragedy of Africa
Vol 11 1961: The People in the Street
Each volume: paper 7/6 cloth 10/6
The paper edition of the Selections is available to readers of FREEDOM at 5/6 post free.
Marxism, Freedom and the State 5/-
Anarchism (Seven Exponents of the Anarchist Philosophy) cloth 21/-
Towards a Free Society 2/6
Nationalism and culture cloth 21/-
Sexual Freedom for the Young 6d.
Ill-Health, Poverty and the State cloth 2/6 paper 1/-
Nineteen-Seventeen (The Russian Revolution Betrayed) cloth 12/6
The Unknown Revolution (Kronstadt 1921, Ukraine 1918-21) clith 12/6
Poetry & Anarchism paper 2/6
Youth for Freedom 2/-
Who will do the Dirty Work? 2d.
Food Production & Population 6d.
The Expanding Environment (illustrated) boards 8/6
Revolutionary Government 3d.
Organised Vengeance Called Justice 2d.
Marie-Louise Berneri Memorial Committee publications:
Marie-Louise Berneri, 1918-1949: A tribute
Journey Through Utopia
cloth 16/- paper 7/6
Neither East Nor West
Other issues of ANARCHY
- Sex-and-Violence; Galbraith; the New Wave, Education.
- Workers’ Control
- What does anarchism mean today?; Africa; the Long Revolution.
- De-institutionalisation; Conflicting strains in anarchism.
- 1936: the Spanish Revolution.
- Anarchy and the Cinema. (out of print)
- Adventure Playgrounds.
- Anarchists and Fabians; Action Anthropology; Eroding Capitalism.
- Sillitoe’s Key to the Door; MacInnes on Crime; Augustus John’s Utopia; Committee of 100.
- Paul Goodman; Neill on Education; the Character-Builders.
- Who are the anarchists?
- Direct Action. (out of print)
- The work of David Wills.
- Ethics of anarchism; Africa; Anthropology; Poetry of Dissent.
- Towards a lumpenproletariat: Education vs. the working class; Freedom of access; Benevolent bureaucracy; CD and CND.
- Comprehensive Schools.
- Theatre: anger and anarchy.
- Non-violence as a reading of history; Freud, anarchism and experiments in living.
- Secondary modern.
- Cranston’s Dialogue on anarchy.
- Housing; Squatters; Do it yourself.
- The Community of Scholars.
- Technology, science, anarchism.
- CND; Salesmanship; Thoreau.
- Talking about youth.
- The future of anarchism.
- The Spies for Peace Story.
- The community workshop.
We are grateful to Charles Hatcher and the author for permission to use Alexander Trocchi’s article. A full (or fuller) version appears in the current “New Saltire”, (Gladstone’s Land, Lawnmarket, Edinburgh 1.)
American University Agents
ANARCHY can be obtained in term-time from:—
, New York:
- W. L. Goring, 928 Livingston Hall.
- Bernard Marzalek
- 5838 South Claremont, Chicago 36.
Subscribe to ANARCHY
Single copies by post 1s. 9d. (30c.)
12 issues 20s. ($3).
and to FREEDOM
the anarchist weekly, which readers of ANARCHY will find indispensable. A year’s subscription to both journals is offered at 32s. ($5).
Cheques, POs and Money Orders should be made out to
17a Maxwell Road London SW6 England
Tel: RENown 3736