Contents of No. 22
In the ninety or so years since these passages were written, the worship of the State has become a religion over a very large part of the globe, and we have seen in practice the fulfilment of Bakunin’s gloomy forebodings on the destination of Marxist socialism. History itself has given point and piquancy to his neglected but prophetic polemics.
Printed by Express Printers, London, E.1.
from the publishers of AXLE/Quarterly review
The first five in a vital new series of small paperbacks that talk common sense on the themes of the day
Subjects (actual titles to be announced) are:
BRITISH CINEMA/Peter Graham
TRENDS IN SEXUAL MORALITY/John Gale
POP MUSIC/Gavin Millar
THE REAL DRUG PROBLEM/Melville Hardiment
AXLE Spokes will be available shortly (price 1s 3d each including postage) from AXLE Publications, 60 Southlands Road, Bromley, Kent
CHIPS WITH EVERYTHING
text inside December
plays and players 2s 6d
Other issues of ANARCHY
- Sex-and-Violence; Galbraith; the New Wave, Education.
- Workers’ Control
- What does anarchism mean today?; Africa; the Long Revolution.
- De-institutionalisation; Conflicting strains in anarchism.
- 1936: the Spanish Revolution.
- Anarchy and the Cinema.
- Adventure Playgrounds.
- Anarchists and Fabians; Action Anthropology; Eroding Capitalism.
- Sillitoe’s Key to the Door; MacInnes on Crime; Augustus John’s Utopia; Committee of 100.
- Paul Goodman; Neill on Education; the Character-Builders.
- Who are the anarchists?
- Direct Action.
- The work of David Wills.
- Ethics of anarchism; Africa; Anthropology; Poetry of Dissent.
- Towards a lumpenproletariat: Education vs. the working class; Freedom of access; Benevolent bureaucracy; CD and CND.
- Comprehensive Schools.
- Theatre: anger and anarchy.
- Non-violence as a reading of history; Freud, anarchism and experiments in living.
- Secondary modern.
Universities and Colleges
ANARCHY can be obtained in term-time from:—
Oxford: Martin Small, Trinity College.
Cambridge: Nicholas Bohm, St. John’s College.
Durham: Malcolm Scott, Grey College.
Leicester: Political Science Bookstall
To complete his file of Dwight Macdonald’s Politics magazine, a reader seeks to purchase Volume 1, Numbers 1, 2, 5, and 6. Write to Mr. Bevens, c/o Freedom Bookshop.
Subscribe to ANARCHY
Single copies by post 1s. 9d. (30c.)
12 issues 20s. ($3).
and to FREEDOM
the anarchist weekly, which readers of ANARCHY will find indispensable. A year’s subscription to both journals is offered at 32s. ($5).
Cheques, POs and Money Orders should be made out to
17a Maxwell Road London SW6 England
Tel: RENown 3736